Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre
A joint mission of the Presbyterian and Anglican churches in Little Burgundy active with community projects for all ages.
In a community populated largely by immigrants, Tyndale helps find accommodation and employment and a warm welcome to a new culture. It provides multiple services for the whole family - English language teaching, social welfare, children's care and sports facilities, all under the direction of trained specialists. Volunteers are always welcome to help out in a wide variety of roles.
870 Richmond Square, Montreal, QC, H3J 1V7
: (514) 931-6265
Volunteer Needs at Tyndale:
- Several opportunities such as : Reception replacement during the lunch hour (both at the Employment center and at Tyndale); baking for After School Program; graphic design for helping with brochures, pamphlets; etc.
- Tyndale Treasures : Cashier (11am - 2pm, Monday - Friday); Help with marketing and selling products online (ebay, etc); on call, or by-appointment transportation volunteers to pick up donations.
- Evening Program (High School Students) : Bilingual Tutors -Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30pm - 7:30pm; Assistant in cooking program, Tuesdays 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Early Childhood (9am - 12pm) : Assistant for special needs children; Speacial workshop for parents in a craft; Assiting in child stimulation program and free play (not needed now but probably in a couple months).
- After School Program (3pm - 6pm) : Tutoring elementary students with homework (not needed now, but probably will in the next couple months); recreation with elementary students (not needed now, but probably in the next couple months).